|| The Water Quality Program Specialist will support the Pueblo’s Water Resources Division and assist with surface water and groundwater monitoring, hydrologic data analysis, and complex water resource policy and protection projects.
The Water Quality Program Specialist is primarily responsible for the daily activities, technical and administrative work associated with the Clean Water Act §106 Water Quality Project. This includes project planning, training, water quality monitoring, data review and analysis, equipment purchase/calibration, data entry, report writing, and supervising water resource technicians and interns. The Program Specialist will provide expertise to projects involving water chemistry, water quality, surface and ground water protection, and watershed management.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Implementing watershed protection and water quality improvement projects;
- Collecting and analyzing hydrologic data;
- Developing the Water Quality Program in accordance with Pueblo of Santa Ana goals;
- Pursuing additional funding opportunities to support the Water Resources Division;
- Working with staff, consultants, and interdisciplinary teams from outside agencies.
|Req. candidate profile :
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, chemistry, hydrology, or another natural resource-related field and a minimum of three (3) years work experience in water quality monitoring or watershed management experience. Additional work experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Word processing, Excel, and Access.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and be highly respectful of Pueblo cultural values.
- Experience with watershed science, GIS, aerial photo interpretation, hydrologic modeling, public outreach, Native American water law, and/or environmental education a plus.
|How to apply :
Register to view
|Third party mediation allowed :