|| The Communications Director is responsible for devising, implementing, and managing internal and external communications in support of CLCV’s mission and goals. This seasoned professional will serve as CLCV’s primary media liaison and on-the-record spokesperson. S/he will develop strategies to advance organizational objectives and support CLCV campaigns using a range of earned media – including print, radio, television and online outlets
- Develop and implement annual communications goals, including establishing budget needs and communications priorities.
- Draft and implement communications plans as needed.
- In conjunction with senior staff, develop and implement public outreach and media relations strategies to advance CLCV’s political agenda and enhance our visibility, image and influence.
- Manage media relations, including outreach, creating advisories and releases, fielding calls, writing and placing letters to the editor and op-ed pieces, coordinating interviews, maintaining clips, preparing spokespeople and managing press events.
- Provide strategic leadership in developing and executing active communications strategies within a framework of publicizing our legislative accountability work and making diverse audiences around the state more aware of CLCV.
- Supervise staff and manage consultants and vendors as necessary.
- Manage production of CLCV’s annual California Environmental Scorecard, including content development and design and working with vendors and political staff.
- Serve as editor for internal membership materials including: letters, action alerts, talking points and campaign materials.
- Manage production and content of printed newsletter (2 times per year).
- In support of organizational and program goals, develop and execute strategies to generate traffic and engagement on www.ecovote.org and CLCV’s blog.
- Manage and coordinate content and dissemination strategies for CLCV’s political campaigns and endorsements.
- Serve as primary writer of CLCV’s earned media and publications.
- Coordinate evaluations and assessments of communications activities in order to determine the effectiveness of CLCV’s communications plans and programs.
- Reach out to Spanish-language audiences in California.
|Req. candidate profile :
- Several years of significant experience in communications positions.
- Understanding of California state government and politics. Experience in government, political campaigns or advocacy is preferred.
- Knowledge of environmental issues, both state and national.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to synthesize complex concepts and be persuasive and provocative.
- Experience with Internet and online communications.
- Superior organizational, analytical and strategic planning aptitude. Great judgment and ability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with colleagues and Board of Directors.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; collegial and collaborative; comfort working in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends when necessary.
- Ability to speak Spanish preferred.
|How to apply :
Register to view
|Third party mediation allowed :