|Job industry :
|Job segment :
||Training & Development
|Job role :
|| Outside Consultant
|Position vacant :
||Career Consultant, Human Capital Development
|Job location :
|Job code :
|Company name :
|Minimum experience :
|Maximum experience :
|Job type :
|Gross pay :
|| Negotiable for the right candidate
|Job posted :
||May 28, 2007
|Job view count :
|| UnitedHealth Group is an innovative leader in the health and well-being industry, serving more than 55 million Americans. Through our family of companies, we contribute outstanding clinical insight with consumer-friendly services and advanced technology to help people achieve optimal health.
- The Ingenix Career Counselor sees that Ingenix staff at all levels receive the support they need to establish career goals and create plans that will lead to achievement of those goals. The Career Counselor performs this function by:
- Build the Ingenix Career Development System;
- Creating and managing a worldwide network of third party career counseling service providers for employees not served directly by the Career Counselor;
- Personally providing career counseling services for high potential talent;
- Ensuring that Ingenix Human Capital Partners and managers have the skills they need to link employees at all levels with the appropriate career counseling resources;
- Evaluating and continually improving the Ingenix career development support system.
|| Build the Ingenix Career Development System
Create and Manage a Worldwide Network of Third Party Career Counseling Service Providers
- Partner with senior business leaders to identify job families where the construction of career ladders will add value
- Build career ladders in partnership with senior business leaders
- Identify and procure essential career development resources
- Publicize existence of career ladders and other career development resources
Provide Direct Career Counseling Services to High Potential Talent
- Identify and describe the need for career counseling services in all countries where Ingenix operates.
- Recommend set of performance metrics and a sole source or network of providers who can provide career counseling services that meet the identified needs.
- Ensure that the presence of a career counseling resource is widely publicized across Ingenix using a variety of media.
- Provide ongoing management of the sole source or network service provider in accordance with established performance contracts and metrics.
- Resolve performance issues involving service providers.
Support Human Capital Partners and Managers
- Provide high potential talent with the personal coaching and tools they need to establish clear, compelling career/life goals.
- Help high potential talent identify multiple career options that are aligned with their individual career/life goals and the interests of UnitedHealth Group.
- Help high potential talent create and execute effective career action plans that will lead them to achievement of their career/life goals.
- Teach high potential talent how to conduct successful internal job hunts.
Continuously Improve the Ingenix Career Development Support System
- Identify the specific set of career counseling skills, knowledge and tools that should be available to all Ingenix Human Capital Partners and managers.
- Ensure that all Ingenix Human Capital Partners have the necessary skills and a solid working knowledge of the appropriate career counseling tools within 60 days of their arrival at Ingenix.
- Ensure that managers have the necessary skills and a solid working knowledge of the appropriate career counseling tools they need within 6 months of their arrival at Ingenix.
- Stay current with advances in thinking and practice in the career development field and see that those advances are reflected in the Ingenix career development system.
|Req. candidate profile :
|| Minimum requirements
- Graduate degree in career counseling from a program approved by the Council for the Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP) or a program with equivalent standards.
- At least 10 years practical experience providing career counseling services to adults working in professional/technical occupations
- Solid working knowledge of the current best thinking and practice related to general career development theory, individual and group career counseling, individual and group career assessment, career development program design, promotion and implementation, delivery of career counseling services to diverse populations, use of technology to provide career information and support career planning, approaches to evaluating career development program effectiveness, supervision of career counselors, worldwide ethical and legal issues related to career development. (These are based on the principal minimum competencies cited by the National Career Development Association for career counselors with a graduate degree.)
- Experience directing a career center or equivalent service for an organization of at least 5,000 employees with a worldwide workforce
- Expert-level knowledge of the current best thinking and practice related to general career development theory, individual and group career counseling, individual and group career assessment, career development program design, promotion and implementation, delivery of career counseling services to diverse populations, use of technology to provide career information and support career planning, approaches to evaluating career development program effectiveness, supervision of career counselors, worldwide ethical and legal issues related to career development.
- Individual with an established national reputation in the career development field who can enhance Ingenix’ reputation as the employer of choice for people who bring intelligence to healthcare.
|How to apply :
Register to view
|Third party mediation allowed :