|| 1. As a database systems expert, provide specialized support in DBMS, logical or physical data
modeling and technical direction to business systems and application development team
throughout a major project by life cycle.
2. Oversee one or more Database Management staff throughout multiple development projects.
Provide estimates on resources for new projects, assign and track individual tasks of other
Database Management staff assigned to the project. Resolve technical issues related to the
implementation of the DBMS (software release, tools, capacity planning, backup and recovery
strategies), the design of logical and physical data models and the application codes to ensure
optimal performance of the system.
3. Analyze database requirements of user departments, applications programming and
operations. Submit recommendations for solutions that require definition of the physical
structure and functional capabilities of databases and require data security and data backup or
recovery specifications. Propose detailed specifications and
flowcharts and coordinate installation of revised or new systems.
4. Plan, implement, and maintain recovery procedures and emergency disaster recovery plans.
Recover affected databases and coordinate the recovery processes with technical support and
operations staff. Provide business systems support to maintain the availability and integrity of
corporate data during and outside of normal working hours.
5. Provide services as required for the implementation of database access security as defined by
the database access security policy.
6. Direct the evaluation and installation of MSSQL DBMS software enhancements.
7. Assist in the MSSQL DBMS configuration of underlying operating system on distributed
platforms. Use MSSQL DBMS related utilities to support and maintain databases.
8. Review and optimize application SQL code.
9. Remain aware of emerging technologies and identify opportunities for the use of specific
products for the benefit of the company. Maintain expertise in several DBMS, data modeling and
logical and physical database design.
10. Adhere strictly to compliance and operational risk controls in accordance with regulatory
standards, policies and practices; report control weaknesses, compliance breaches and
operational loss events.
11. Complete other related duties as assigned, support the Company's Diversity programs.
12. Develop and administers standards for the support of data, data bases and data models.
13. Consult with the business and application developers to define the business entities,
rules,relationships, attributes, elements and various other data modeling and data base objects.
14. Consults with application developers on the proper use of the DBMS to ensure its integrity.
15. Manage the test and production database environments as it pertains to the MSSQL
16. Works with other members of theData Base management staff to provide support for data
base management projects throughout the project life cycle.
17. Provides 24x7 production oncall support of the business systems to maintain availability
and integrity of corporate data.
18. Demonstrable MSSQL SQL performance tuning and DTS development skills.
19. Extensive experience leveraging the full suite of Microsoft MSSQL tools and utilities.