Summary / Objective
The Credit Analyst is responsible for collecting and analyzing financial statements, preparing loan memorandums, gathering information related to commercial customers and assisting in the administration of the Bank's credit policies. The analyst will also perform market research and monitor portfolio risk.
Experience & Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or Accounting preferred
- 3-5 years of credit and financial statement analysis experience
- Good interpersonal, communication & computer skills
Essential Job Functions:
- Recommends loan policies and credit risk review policies and procedures to management
- Identifies credit risk situations and provides guidelines to line of business lending managers
- Performs credit inquiries for the financial institution as requested
- Determines if credits meet sound underwriting standards
- Evaluates the financial condition of individuals and businesses applying for credit with the financial institution
- Analyzes loan data on new, renewal and existing loans, including data provided by credit bureaus, other financial institutions and financial institution files
- Prepares spread sheets, reports, summaries and opinions for financial institution officers on new, renewal and existing loans
- Overseas and manages financial information files to assure current reports, statements, accounts receivable and other information on customer accounts
- Establishes, reviews and updates new and existing loan files for the financial institution on an as needed basis
- Maintains knowledge of department policies and procedures through internal and external training activities
- Prepares memos for Loan Committee and management reports on a regular basis
- Works under general supervision and in compliance with established policies, procedures and regulations.
Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
- In depth knowledge of all federal and state regulations regarding lending and related departments
- Strong understanding of accounting principles with ability to prepare and analyze financial statements
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Advanced written, oral, and interpersonal skills with ability to prepare and present presentations
MutualOne Bank offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package which includes, medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with Bank match, defined benefit pension plan, paid vacation, paid holidays, group term life insurance, long term disability & short term disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement and an Employee Assistance Program.
MutualOne Bank provides equal employment opportunities to all employees in regards to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetics or status as a protected veteran.